Capital One Arena COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
Vaccine mandate will be in place for Georgetown Hoyas Men’s Basketball Games
at Capital One Arena beginning on JANUARY 13, 2022 v. Butler.
In compliance with the District of Columbia’s VaxDC policy, all guests ages 12 years and older are required to show proof of vaccination to enter Capital One Arena.
Guests age 12 and older must provide proof of having received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine starting January 13, 2022 to enter. For those taking a two-dose vaccine, (Pfizer or Moderna), proof of a second dose will be required for entry beginning February 24, 2022 v. DePaul.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS (Must provide ONE of the following:)
- CLEAR Health Pass digital vaccination pass
- A CDC issued vaccination card along with photo ID for guests ages 18 or older (Original card, Photocopy of card, or Digital copy or photo)
- Record of immunization from a healthcare provider or public health authority along with photo ID for guests ages 18 years or older
*Capital One Arena recommends using the CLEAR Health Pass App for quick and easy verification upon arrival at COA.
- Masks are still required in addition to the vaccination policy for all guests older than 2 years of age. Masks must be worn covering your nose and mouth while you are inside Capital One Arena with the exception of actively eating or drinking in your seat. Masks can not be gaiters, handkerchiefs, bandanas, costume masks, masks made of mesh material or a covering with an exhalation valve or holes.
- Guests under the age of 12 do not need to provide proof of vaccination.
- The GU360 “green badge” will not suffice as proof of vaccination since the arena is off-campus. However, GU360 may be a resource as you can download a digital copy of your previously submitted vaccination card via tapping “COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation”.
- Instructions on downloading the CLEAR app, registering with CLEAR, and uploading your proof of vaccination can be found here. You will need your vaccination card, and a government issued photo ID. Minors that are either 12 or 13 years of age can’t use the CLEAR app. Minors that are 14-17 and wish to use the CLEAR app, will need their parent/guardian to register the minor on the parent/guardian’s device (more info. can be found on this page).
- Guests that are medically exempt from receiving the vaccine, or are unable to receive the vaccine out of a sincerely held religious belief should review the relevant information on this page for details on required documentation and testing requirement to be permitted.
- If you purchased tickets through the Georgetown Ticket Office or Ticketmaster and would like a refund, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Georgetown Athletic Ticket Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.