Georgetown Basketball Student Ticket & Seating Policy for Men’s Basketball at Capital One Arena
- Georgetown University students (both undergraduate and graduate) with a valid GOCard may purchase Georgetown Men’s Basketball student season tickets through the Georgetown Athletic Ticket Office; there is a limit of one student season ticket package per student.
- On game day, the first students to arrive at Capital One Arena will receive wristbands for admittance into the 100 level student sections. After all the wristbands have been allotted and the 100 level student sections are filled, student seating will continue in the 400 level.
- Wristbands will be distributed on game day at the “Student Section Entrance” of Capital One Arena at 7th & F Streets. This entrance is on 7th Street, closest to F Street (just around the corner from the metro exit and next to the Dunkin’ Donuts). In order to receive a wristband, all students with a ticket for the general admission student sections must enter Capital One Arena through this “Student Section Entrance.” Wristbands will not be given out at any other time or location other than at the “Student Section Entrance” on game day (exception: per NCAA rules, current Georgetown University student-athletes must pick up and sign for their student section ticket at the Player Guest Entrance on 6th Street NW; throughout the men’s basketball season, student-athletes will receive more information from the Georgetown Athletic Ticket Office via email).
- Students will receive wristbands after having his/her ticket scanned at the “Student Section Entrance.” Once a student has his/her ticket scanned and has entered the arena, he/she may not exit. Reentry into Capital One Arena is not permitted.
- When entering Capital One Arena through the “Student Section Entrance,” students must present their student season ticket as well as their valid GOCard. Each student must use his/her own GOCard; he/she may not use the ID of another student. For some games, guests who are not current Georgetown University students will be permitted in the section sections; for these events, a GOCard will not be required.
- Once students have entered the arena, those with wristbands may proceed to the 100/200 level student sections. The 100 level student sections may include some or all of sections 105, 106, 116, 117, 207, 208, 222 and 223. Seating within these sections may be adjusted by the Athletic Department on a game-by-game basis in accordance with anticipated student attendance; as students enter the arena, Athletic Department and/or Capital One Arena representatives will provide students with information on available seat locations. Students may also receive an email with this information in advance of the game.
- In order to enter the 100/200 level student sections, students must present both their wristband and their seat locator or paper ticket to the usher. Students who do not present both of these items will not be admitted. Seat locators are automatically issued to patrons who use mobile ticketing or who load their ticket on to a credit/debit card; seat locators are not issued to those who use paper tickets.
- Students must keep their wristband on and be in possession of their student season ticket seat locator or paper ticket at all times. Any student found in the 100/200 level student sections without a wristband and student season ticket seat locator/paper ticket is subject to removal from that section. Similarly, anyone with a damaged, torn or otherwise not intact wristband will be removed/not admitted.
- Once all the wristbands have been distributed, students may be offered tickets for assigned seats or standing room only seats in other 100/200 level sections of the arena (these sections may include 104, 118, SRO104, SRO105, SRO106, SRO107, SRO115, SRO116, SRO117, SRO118). These tickets are subject to availability and will only be offered to students for select games. If and when tickets for assigned seats or standing room seats are not or no longer available, students with a student season ticket who did not receive a wristband will be seated in the general admission student sections in the 400 level (sections 425-426).
- Seating in all general admission student sections (in the 100 level, 200 level and 400 level) will be first-come, first-served.
- Students purchasing individual-game tickets for assigned/reserved seats will neither be eligible for a wristband nor eligible to sit in any of the general admission student sections.
- Students attending events at Capital One Arena must also comply with the arena’s security policy. Please visit here for more information (including information on prohibited items).
- The Georgetown University Athletic Department reserves the right to alter this policy at any time.
Georgetown Basketball Student Ticket & Seating Policy for Women’s Basketball at McDonough Arena
- Students wishing to attend a women’s basketball home game must present a valid GOCard at the Hoya Rewards table to receive a complimentary ticket for admission.
- Tickets to women’s basketball home games are first-come, first-served. Seats are subject to availability.
As of 11/19/17